Here's what I took out of Fanfest 2012:
- EVE has matured and CCP can let the players take over some of the NPC functions that were necessary early on in the game. (maybe we ought to re-think that?)
- Inferno will be about war. As such, CCP is revisiting the war and crimewatch mechanics.
- Ships will be rebalanced with emphasis on their roles and the skill tree will have to be re-worked to accomplish that.
- World of Darkness is still being worked on and it will be dark!
- Dust 514 is imminent.
- Faction warfare will get some attention; the sovereignty mechanics will be brought in line with those of null-sec.
- CCP has an opportunity to update the graphics in EVE, but it will require one year from a dedicated team and might delay other projects.
- Between the sheets ... erm lines: CCP is getting very cozy with Sony and Nvidia. (Threesomes are fun especially when you're in the middle! Be careful of jealousy though.)